Hello Bulldog Family,
I regularly read inspirational quotes on the morning announcements. We have begun the year reflecting on the power of choices and the following is one of the thoughts shared as we began our journey into the 2013-14 school year.
“Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.” William Jennings Bryan.
Our students are regularly making good choices this school year, and we are proud of their commitment to our Bulldog Principles of being respectful, responsible, safe and engaged. The future and their destiny holds such great promise!
We are preparing to take the next step in our Digital Learning Movement in Flagler County. As we prepare to provide every support necessary to help our students become Global Digital Citizens we will soon begin the distribution of computers for our Flagler Palm Coast High School students that will kick off our one to one initiative. Some important information to know is as follows:
- Parents or guardians must be present with students on one of the following dates to sign out the computers.
- 11th and 12th grade students- September 30th, October 1st, and October 2nd
- 9th and 10th grade students- October 8th, 9th, and 10th
- Times for all evenings are 5-8 PM
- The required forms will be available online one week before the deployment nights at www.FlaglerSchools.com/Digital-Learning . Parents or guardians are encouraged to print and bring the forms with them to save time. The required forms will also be available at the scheduled deployment nights. An extensive set of Frequently Asked Questions can also be accessed at this site.
- There is a $50 Annual Liability Fee due at time of deployment. Families that qualify for the National School Lunch Program are eligible for a reduced liability fee of $20 for free lunch and $30 for reduced lunch.
Please be sure to join us on these nights to make the necessary arrangements for your child to have their laptop for daily usage.
As always, please be sure to visit our school website at www.fpcbulldogs.com to learn about the latest and greatest news concerning our Bulldog family.
Yours in education,